A. House Exterior: roof and everything on it, wall coverings with trim, gutters and downspouts, windows, doors, foundation, porches, grading and drainage.
B. Attic: roof structure, insulation, mechanical devices and their installation, ductwork, ventilation.
C. Basement or crawlspace if present: Same as attic, plus ensuring there are no leaks, that sump and drainage systems work, and reviewing integrity of structural support.
D. House Interior:
- Structural: ceilings, walls, floors, stairs, operation of windows and doors.
- Electrical: check all available outlets and lights, review breaker box, grounding systems, test GFCI outlets and test for presence of GFCI where required.
- Plumbing: test all fixtures, test functional water flow and drain flow, locate shut off valves, test static water pressure, look for leaks including caulking and tile grout, and ensure safe installation.
- Appliances: Dishwasher, Food disposer, Cooktop, stove, Range hood, microwave, garage door opener, ventilation fans
- Mechanical devices such as exhaust fans